As Rotarians and Rotaractors, you joined Rotary to make a difference and connect with others in your communities.
To help you achieve your personal and professional goals, Rotary International is working with Toastmasters International to provide opportunities to grow your networks, your leadership and communication skills, and your impact within the community.
This alliance with Toastmasters is different from Rotary International's relationships with other organizations: It enhances your membership experience through professional development opportunities and making connections beyond your club.
What is Toastmasters?
Toastmasters International is a nonprofit, educational organization with more than 16,800 clubs in 143 countries. Since 1924, it has helped its members become more effective speakers, communicators, and leaders through a worldwide network of clubs, much like Rotary.
How can you and your club get involved?
It's easy for Rotarians and Rotaractors to engage:
- Find a Toastmasters club near you and arrange a visit.
- Welcome Toastmasters members to your club so they can learn more about Rotary and Rotaract.
- Invite a Toastmasters member to be a guest speaker at your meeting or to participate in an upcoming service project.
- Explore ways to work with your local Toastmasters club.
- Raise awareness about this alliance by sharing the news with your club and Toastmaster clubs that may not be aware that we are working together.
- Take the Toastmasters-developed communication and leadership courses in the Learning Center:
Learn what's different about these courses by watching this video.
- Visit toastmasters.org
- Find answers to frequently asked questions about the alliance.
- Learn what happens at a Toastmasters meeting.
- Rotary-Toastmasters Alliance Overview (PPT)
- Rotary and Toastmasters: New Alliance, New Opportunities (video)
- Find a Toastmasters club near you.
- Learn about new Toastmasters-developed courses (video)
- Rotary-Toastmasters Alliance Visual Guidelines (PDF)
- Send us your questions.
- Send us your stories about how you're working with your local Toastmasters club. These could be featured in upcoming Rotary communications.
- Visit the Learning Center's professional development catalog to find other courses to help you develop new skills.