Personal Data Use Policy
While serving in a Rotary leadership role, you are granted access to Personal Data that Rotary International and/or The Rotary Foundation considers confidential.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an individual who is or can be identified from the data, either alone or in conjunction with other information. Examples of Personal Data are:
a. Name + any information listed below
b. Home address
c. Phone number
d. Email address
f. Marital status
g. Spouses' name
- Personal Data can only be used for Rotary's authorized Core Business Purposes, which include:
a. Fulfilling Rotary's obligation to Rotarians
b. Supporting The Rotary Foundation, including fundraising efforts
c. Facilitating convention and event planning
d. Communicating key organizational messages
e. Supporting the programs and membership of Rotary
- Personal Data can only be used for the authorized purposes and cannot be used or disclosed for any purposes unrelated to the purpose for which it was shared with you.
- Personal Data cannot be disclosed to any third party.
- Personal Data must be safely stored and transported, and you must notify Rotary immediately if you suspect or discover any breach (including any unauthorized access or accidental sharing) of Personal Data. Email firstname.lastname@example.org as well as your Rotary staff contact in the event of a potential or confirmed breach.
- Personal Data should be retained only as long as needed for the purposes for which it was provided. Once the purpose has ended, you must securely delete the Personal Data.