Peace Fellowship Application
We are now accepting applications for the 2021-22 Rotary Peace Fellowship program. Candidates will have until 31 May to submit applications to their district. Districts must submit endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July. Review district endorsement instructions.
Follow these steps to ensure that your application receives consideration.
- Review the eligibility restrictions.
- Research the curriculum and programs at each of the Rotary Peace Centers. You will be asked to rank two centers you prefer for the Master's program and one center for the certificate program.
- Submit your application by 31 May. Applications require a resume, academic and/or professional recommendations, essays, transcripts, social impact plan (certificate only), and test scores (master's only). All materials must be in English.
- Get endorsed. As part of the application process, you need to connect with a Rotary district and get endorsed. Districts are regionally-based Rotary representatives located throughout the world. You can identify and contact your local Rotary district directly through the application platform. The district will interview you then submit an endorsement decision for your application.
- Engage with Rotary. Use the Club Finder to locate the Rotary club nearest you. Connecting with a club is a great way to learn about Rotary's work in your community and around the world. Clubs recommendations are optional, but strongly recommended as part of your application.
- Await selection results. Email notifications will be sent in November. If you are chosen for a fellowship, you will be told at which Peace Center you will study.
- Apply for admission to the university where your Peace Center is located. Being selected for the fellowship does not mean you have been admitted to the university.
Rotary Peace Fellowships may not be used for doctoral study. The following people are not eligible for the master's degree program:
- Active Rotary members
- Employees of a Rotary club or district, Rotary International, or other Rotary entity
- Spouses, lineal descendants (children or grandchildren by blood or legal adoption), spouses of lineal descendants, or ancestors (parents or grandparents by blood) of any living person in these categories
- Former Rotary members and their relatives as described above (within 36 months of their resignation)
Recipients of Rotary Global Grants Scholarships must wait three years after completing the scholarship to apply for Rotary Peace Fellowship programs.
Rotary Peace Fellows who have completed the certificate program must wait three years to apply for the master’s degree program. Certificate fellows are not eligible for another certificate fellowship.
Rotary Peace Fellows who have completed the master's degree program must wait five years to apply for the certificate program.
Take the eligibility quiz.