Clubs and districts are guided by the Manual of Procedure, RI Constitution, and RI Bylaws. These documents provide the structure for RI’s policies and procedures. Every club and district can propose amendments to constitutional documents through the Council of Legislation.
Manual of Procedure
The Manual of Procedure offers a concise version of Rotary’s policies and procedures. The manual is geared to Rotary club and district leaders and features information that’s most relevant to their roles. It is published every three years to reflect adopted legislation and decisions of the RI conventions, the Council on Legislation, the Rotary International Board of Directors, and the Trustees of The Rotary Foundation.
The manual covers these key areas:
- Structure: Includes policies and procedures for clubs, districts, zones, Rotary International, and The Rotary Foundation.
- Carrying out Rotary's mission: Includes the structure, policies, and procedures of the programs of RI and the Foundation
- International Meetings: Includes the RI Convention, Council on Legislation, and International Assembly
- Rotary's constitutional and legal documents
Rotary’s constitutional documents
The Rotary International constitutional documents provide club and districts the foundation for RI’s policies and procedures.
- Constitution of Rotary International (PDF) (Word)
- Bylaws of Rotary International (PDF) (Word)
- Standard Rotary Club Constitution (PDF) (Word)
All clubs admitted to Rotary membership must adopt this constitution.
Clubs can tailor these bylaws, as long as their changes align with Rotary’s constitutional documents and the Rotary Code of Policies. If you have doubts about your proposed changes, please submit them to the general secretary for the RI Board to consider.
Rotary Code of Policies
The Rotary Code of Policies compiles all of the organization’s general and permanent policies. A revised document is available after each meeting of the RI Board and the Council on Legislation. The Rotary Foundation Code of Policies is maintained in a separate document.