Rotary's strategic plan sets the framework for our future, ensuring that we continue to be known as a respected, dynamic organization that advances communities worldwide.
As we stand on the cusp of eliminating polio, it time for us to create a new path toward bringing more people together, increasing our impact and creating even more lasting change around the world.
Rotary leadership is developing a strategic plan that will help guide our organization from Rotary year 2020 and beyond. Our current plan guides our work through Rotary 30 June 2019.
In June, Rotary's Board of Directors and Trustees approved four key priorities and objectives to serve as the foundation for the next strategic plan:
Increase our impact Rotary strives to change the lives of others for the better. Our members invest volunteer and financial resources in a broad range of service activities, but we will do a better job of measuring the results and outcomes of our work. So that Rotary can continue to attract members, partners, and donors, we'll focus our programs and produce evidence of lasting impact.
- Eradicate polio and leverage the legacy
- Focus our programs and offerings
- Improve our ability to achieve and measure impact
Expand our reach People are seeking ways to make a difference in the world and connect with others. How do we help them find what they're looking for in Rotary? By creating unique opportunities for more people and organizations to get involved. Clubs will always be important. But to extend our global reach, we'll expand our current structure with innovative models that welcome more participants into Rotary and give them meaningful ways to unite and take action.
- Grow and diversity our membership and participation
- Create new channels into Rotary
- Increase Rotary's openness and appeal
- Build awareness of our impact and brand
Enhance participant engagement Because we recognize the challenges our clubs face in today's changing world, Rotary will support our clubs' efforts to deliver an experience that engages and retains members. When we help clubs focus on the experience and value they give their members, we give Rotarians and other participants the opportunity to serve together, connect with one another, and have a more satisfying experience with Rotary.
- Support clubs to better engage their members
- Develop a participant-centered approach to deliver value
- Offer new opportunities for personal and professional connection
- Provide leadership development and skills training
Increase our ability to adapt To achieve our vision and keep pace with changing global trends, our structure and culture must evolve. We'll ensure that our operating and governance structures are efficient, flexible, and effective in delivering services to all of our participants.
- Build a culture of research, innovation, and willingness to take risks
- Streamline governance, structure and processes
- Review governance to foster more diverse perspectives in decision-making
In the coming year, we will craft strategies and tactics for achieving these new priorities and objectives.