Join us 2 May for our special COVID-19 #RotaryResponds telethon
Rotary International is pleased to share with you that we are championing a COVID-19 #RotaryResponds one-hour telethon on 2 May to raise critical funds for disaster response. This telethon will be simulcast on Rotary International's Facebook page. The goal is to raise more than $1 million dollars.
Rotary's 1.2 million members across the globe have taken swift action to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. More than $3.4 million in Rotary Disaster Response Grants have already been put into action on the frontlines to battle COVID-19. Additionally, millions more have been raised by our People of Action - they have responded quickly and are truly saving lives. Now, we need to do more and the need for additional funding is a priority.
When: Saturday, 2 May, 10:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (Chicago, Illinois).
We will hear stories of hope, inspiration and gratitude from Rotarians, Rotaractors, and friends of Rotary from across the globe as they share what they are doing to help their communities. The telethon will also showcase how our polio eradication infrastructure is helping to combat COVID-19.
How can you participate:
- Participate in the telethon on Facebook Live. You can find the link on Rotary International's Facebook page at facebook.com/rotary.
- Spread the word through your social media channels.
- Invite others outside of Rotary to watch and see first-hand what our people of action are doing to combat COVID-19.
- Post on social media during the broadcast and on the day of the event at #RotaryResponds and @Rotary.
- Donate as an individual or as a club at http://on.rotary.org/drf
- Encourage your Rotary District to donate District Designated Funds (DDF) at Donate DDF. Note: DDF received between 22 April and 3 May will be considered part of the telethon fundraising total.