Grant Travel Insurance
Beginning 1 July 2016, Rotary grant-funded travelers are responsible for purchasing their own travel insurance. Rotary International does not offer travel insurance. Learn more about grant travel.
If your grant includes international travel, we recommend purchasing travel insurance with the following coverage and benefits:
- Medical coverage: $500,000 recommended limit
- Medical evacuation: full cost
- Repatriation of remains: full cost
- Door-to-door coverage: insurance should cover you from the time you leave home until your return
- 24-hour travel assistance: global assistance in travel emergencies (both medical and nonmedical)
Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) has a travel insurance policy that provides the above coverages. Information is available on CISI's website.
Grant-funded scholars also need to comply with the insurance requirements of the educational institution they plan to attend and any requirements of the host country.
Travel funded by grants that were approved before 1 February 2016 is covered by Rotary's travel insurance policy until 31 December 2016. For information about the policy, contact email@example.com.