Annual Fund and SHARE
Your gift to the Annual Fund helps Rotary clubs take action today to create positive change in communities at home and around the world. Your contributions help us strengthen peace efforts, provide clean water and sanitation, support education, grow local economies, save mothers and children, and fight disease.
The Every Rotarian Every Year initiative asks every Rotarian to support The Rotary Foundation every year. In addition to contributing to the Annual Fund on a regular basis, members are encouraged to get involved in a Foundation project or program.
SHARE and District Designated Fund
Through the SHARE system, contributions to The Rotary Foundation are transformed into grants that fund local and international humanitarian projects, scholarships, and activities, such as vocational training teams. At the end of every Rotary year, contributions directed to the Annual Fund-SHARE from all Rotary clubs in the district are divided between the World Fund and the District Designated Fund, or DDF.
At the end of three years, your district can use the DDF to pay for Foundation, club, and district projects that your club and others in the district choose. Districts may use up to half of their DDF to fund district grants. The remaining DDF may be used for global grants or donated to PolioPlus, the Rotary Peace Centers, or another district.
District officers are encouraged to monitor their district’s DDF availability and activity by viewing the SHARE Contribution Detail Report and Available DDF by District Report via their My Rotary account.
The World Fund provides the necessary funding for our highest priority activities around the globe. While 50% of SHARE-designated contributions are applied to the World Fund, you can also direct your entire gift to the fund. The Foundation uses the money to pay for grant and program opportunities available to all Rotary districts.
Recurring giving (Rotary Direct)
The Annual Fund is the primary source of funding for all Foundation activities. Support our efforts year round by making a recurring gift. You choose how often and how much you want to give—it's a simple and secure way to make a big impact.
To update your existing recurring giving contributions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-866-976-8279. For security reasons, changes to your credit card information should be made by phone.
Support a specific cause
You can direct your Annual Fund contributions to SHARE, the World Fund, or one of Rotary's areas of focus funds, and all contributions are spent wisely on quality Rotary projects.
Annual Fund contributions that are directed to the Foundation's six areas of focus are credited toward a club's annual giving goal and per capital giving calculations. However, they are not included in a district's SHARE calculation and do not increase the amount of your District Designated Fund.
All Annual Fund contributions count toward the following recognition opportunities:
- Every Rotarian Every Year
- Rotary Foundation Sustaining Member
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Paul Harris Society
- Major Donor
- Arch Klumph Society
Resources & reference
- The Rotary Foundation Contribution Form
- Multiple Donor Contribution Form
- Rotary Direct Form - Rotary’s recurring giving program
- Rotary Direct (Canada) Form - Rotary’s recurring giving program
- The Rotary Foundation Reference Guide
- Every Rotarian Every Year brochures
- Australia, Philippines, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands
- Great Britain and Ireland
- Middle East and Africa
- Southeast Asia - Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Republic of Maldives, Sri Lanka
- USA and Canada
- Other countries and regions
- Paul Harris Society Brochure
- Our Foundation's Funding Model presentation
- Our Foundation's Funding Model presentation with slide notes
- Doing Good in the World - Every Rotarian Every Year (EREY) club presentation
- Submit your Foundation goals in Rotary Club Central